he could hold a fork Jeff Falerni had a pencil in his hand.
Born in the Bronx NY, Jeff was heavily influenced by
the graffiti movement of the early 80's. Neighborhood streets, walls and
buildings became his classroom – the canvas of an artistic movement
literally taking shape all around him.
At the Ringling School of Art & Design in Sarasota
Florida Jeff tempered his natural talent with the discipline of traditional
fine arts. It was during these formative years that Jeff began to take
influence from the figural masters. He studied the work of such artist
as Sargent, Schiele, Renior, and Degas. Embracing the masters that inspired
him while remaining true to his early urban roots Jeff began to develop
a a creative, youthful and unique style entirely his own.
In 1999 Jeff returned to his native NYC and began employment
as a toy designer with the Idea Factory. He soon established himself as
one of team of select designers who conceived and designed hundreds of
toys for such clients as Disney, Marvel and Universal Studios.
In 2001 Jeff accepted the position of Art Director/Product
Manager at Yanova Inc., a NYC Based Product Design Firm. At Yanova Jeff
had the opportunity to further develop his concept and design skills.
Today Jeff works in a number of different media, both
traditional and digital, often blending the two in a fresh and inspired
Jeff is available on a freelance basis or consulting
capacity for toy design, product sourcing & product management or
freelance illustration. View his resume below, or click here for a printable
• Experienced designer of numerous licensed plush and plastic
products as well as original toys and characters.
• Has managed all stages of product life cycle from initial concept-and-design
phase to completion, manufacturing & marketing.
• Worked in Hong Kong dealing directly with factories and vendors
• Experience managing teams of artists
• Ideation of various in market items with proven sales records
• Worked extensively with licensed product often dealing directly
with the licensor
• Advanced sketching, prototyping and knowledge of toy mechanisms
• Advanced knowledge of industry standard computer design programs
• Self starter with the ability to meet short deadlines, attend
to details and work on multiple projects
2001–2003 Yanova Inc. New York, NY
Art Director/ Product manager
Product Design firm specializing in promotional and gift items, as well
as custom production.
Worked on such licensed products as Classic Disney,
Winnie the Pooh, Monsters Inc, Nightmare Before Christmas, Nickelodeon,
Dragon Tales, Rocket Power, Sponge Bob Square Pants, MGA (Bratz), Barbie,
and the NBA.
• Directed a small staff of artist
• Ideation and design of original and licensed products, packaging,
• Illustrate, Layout and Design all company advertising and promotion.
• Manage outsourcing of sculptors and sample mold makers.
• Daily contact with Hong Kong based factories to manage production
• Overseas product sourcing, primarily in Hong Kong and China.
• Responsible for licensor approval
• Toy Fair experience in both showroom design and construction.
• Display booth design and set up
2000–2001 Idea Factory New York, NY
Product Manager/Lead Designer
Fast growing design company specializing in toys, gifts, premiums, and
• Produced 150 skus licenses including marvel Popeye, Snoopy,
Dr. Seuss and many more for Universal Theme Park project
• Worked directly with Disney to create product categories, concept
and designs for new product lines including Monsters Inc, Toy Story
and Dinosaurs licenses
• Responsible for subcontractor supervision, material acquisition
pattern development and cost analysis
• Conceptualized and designed toys, promotional products, packaging,
• Illustrated story boards for sales team
• Toy Fair experience in both showroom design and construction
1999–2000 Idea Factory New York, NY
• Lead Plush designer on Plush Product lines including “Meanies”
and Star Trek Beanies and WWE
• Promoted in company within 1 year
1994–1998 Ringling School of Art & Design Sarasota, FL
• Illustration Major
1992–1994 Edison College Naples, FL
• Art History Major
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator as well
as Microsoft Office Product Suite
• Ability to work in a variety of styles and mediums from traditional
• Advanced graphic design capabilities including page layout and
725 E. 9TH STREET, APT. 6E • NEW YORK, NY 10009 • PHONE